Desalination Unit of Naoussa
The desalination plant of Naoussa, Paros, was installed in 2002 and operates with the reverse osmosis method. It processes part of the water of the river crossing Naoussa.
The capacity of the unit is 1.200 cubic meters per day and it has an energy recovery rate of 62,5%.
The processing steps are as follows:
- Propulsion of pumps for water treatment
- Filtration with multilayer turbidity filters
- System of measurement of antiscalants
- Final filtration with safety filters
Main processing stage
- Brackish Water Desalination using the reverse osmosis method.
- Unit for chemical cleaning and rinsing of the membranes.
- Finishing treatment to produce drinking water quality.
- Postchlorination system.
- Temporary storage of drinking water
Finally, the produced water is transferred to the Naoussa reservoir (Agios Georgios) with the help of the distribution pumps.